cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Fizz
Bushfire Community Ambassador

Topic Tuesday discussion - Life After Bushfires

https://saneforums.org/t5/Special-Events/Topic-Tuesday-Life-After-Bushfires-Tues-19th-January-7-00-8...

Hi all tomorrow is the first Topic Tuesday discussion of the year on the SANE Lived Experience forum and this month’s topic is bushfires.

We will be talking about what life after bushfires is like for individuals and communities. The last few months have marked the anniversaries for many communities since one of our worst bushfire seasons, and we have been hearing the stories of the long term impact, but also of community connection, resilience and hope.

I will be part of the discussion, which will be facilitated by SANE’s Community Manager.

If you are unaware of what Topic Tuesday is basically, it’s a 2-hour session run from 7pm –9pm AEDT where the community discusses a specific pre-determined topic.

It takes place tomorrow (Tuesday January 19) from 7pm and will discuss coping with the ongoing impact of trauma from bushfires, and share tips, strategies and resources for maintaining wellbeing.

Please feel free to extend the invite to any family, friends or neighbours who may be interested – it’s completely anonymous and you can participate as much as you like.

As it is text-based, no software is needed. During the session, to keep up with the latest posts hit the 'refresh' button on your browser for the newest comments (it doesn't automatically update). Keep an eye out for page numbers at the top & bottom of the page, and jump to the highest page number for the most recent post. We recommend using a desktop computer or laptop for the event for overall ease of use.

Throughout the session, the facilitator will post questions for you to answer, usually asking for your own experience on the topic. To contribute to the event, just hit the 'reply' button and share your thoughts. No answers are right or wrong, and everyone is welcome to get involved! 

What time does this event start in my timezone?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Topic Tuesday discussion - Life After Bushfires

I'll be there @Fizz, looking forward to it, and good on you for sharing with us 🙂

As will I! Looking forward to it @Fizz & learning from the wealth of knowledge I'm sure you have to share! I'm going to tag a few other members who may be interested to make sure they know this is happening! @Burnt @YouAreNotAlone @Powderfinger @IamNOTalone @Former-Member @Klutz @Poppet1 @Shaz51 

Sounds good @TideisTurning , @Fizz , @AZZ 

I hope I can make it but we are in the direct line for a cyclone  tonight 

Fingers crossed that it is just rain

I hope to be able to be part of this, thanks

oh @Shaz51  good luck with that - take care - hope you and yours remain safe 

Thank you  @Fizz 

Just realized today is Monday  not Tuesday 

Looks like we might just get rain 

Thanks again to everyone who joined us last night and to those who shared some of their experiences and what they've been going through and a big thanks again to the wonderful @Fizz for so generously sharing their own perspective and experiences! For those who'd like to read over, you can access the discussion through the same link above. 

@143 @KingParrot- this is where you can find the Life After Bushfires community on the forums. Feel free to look around the threads, contribute if you'd like, just say hi or even start a thread of your own! Any questions or troubles there, just shout out. 

@JLD@Klutz@Shaz51, @Poppet1 & @outlander - it was great to have you there! 

thanks for helping to run it @TideisTurning im really glad so many had a space place to talk. i hope they continue to reach out too

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: