Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: COVID19 - Unpacking fact vs fiction! + Self Care Strategies

F9FD3F38-7F12-4164-AE83-553AAFD6A216.jpeg

It's an American one so change CDC for health and safety recommendations. 
I liked it. It helped to read. 

Good Read addressing the feeling of ''loss' we are all experiencing (at different levels) because of the caronavirus pandemic.

https://hbr.org/2020/03/that-discomfort-youre-feeling-is-grief?fbclid=IwAR0NMQzXc_62e9yLai2Z0roB2pIT...
COVID-19 = LOSS

Really good link @Former-Member thank you heaps!

DoReMi-Carona, this is good:

https://youtu.be/MMBh-eo3tvE.

I'm scared of losing my friends, and family. 

I'm scared of getting really sick by myself.

I'm scared even my death would be a major inconvenience to my son 

I'm scared of nobody coming to my funeral, they gave gav perfect excuse with boarders and regions closed. 

Today I went shopping, I'll worry for 2wks now - waiting if I get symptomatic. 

Today in public toot there was no toot paper or soap

Supermarket had no toot paper or paper towels, and I could only have one pk pain meds 😞  I don't wanna have to go out when it hits hard in 2wks. 

Just venting, ya don't have to reply. 

I'm scared of losing my friends, and family. 

I'm scared of getting really sick by myself.

I'm scared even my death would be a major inconvenience to my son 

I'm scared of nobody coming to my funeral, they have  the perfect excuse now with boarders and regions closed. 

Today I went shopping, I'll worry for 2wks now - waiting if I get symptomatic. 

Today in public toot there was no toot paper or soap 😕 

Supermarket had no toot paper or paper towels, and I could only have one pk pain meds 😞  I don't wanna have to go out when it hits hard in 2wks. This is gonna get tricky. 

Just venting, ya don't have to reply. 

Hi @Former-Member  thats a lot to deal with at once. If you think about your experience of mental health issues the main skill you have to develop regardless of your diagnosis is "coping with uncertainty". Naming what you are worried about is the first step to coping and understanding what the hell we are all going through. Without realising it you probably have a lot of skills to cope without realising it. If you wrote a list of things that you have already got through in your life it might give you more confidence that you can cope at present. Hope this helps!

Thanks @ Mex, guess I do have 100% track record of getting through. Don't know how. This time there'll be less resources to call on though, for my "mental health issues" :

Guess once ya dead it won't matter who was around.

Isn't it weird that we still gather and fuss over trivia when nothing gonna matter. Guess all we have is today though and we run with that. I bought a 2nd hand recliner yesterday, in great condition, for $40 😲gonna enjoy the foot rest mostly.

Hi All,

Hope you're all going ok. I'm really concerned about People's mental health during this period. Especially with the whole distancing thing. I've checked the guidelines generally. 

It looks like it's ok to have a visit for compassionate reasons, including Mental Health. I needed to do a search to make sure if I need it I can access at least someone in my community. I'm going to use common sense but I'm not sure WHEN it counts as need... do I do it preventatively? Do I do it in crisis mode? 

Going to talk to my psychiatrist about it. This is super important info. 

Thanks,

Nicole

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance