Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Morning all  Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom @Angels333 @Zoe7 @greenpea @Adge @CheerBear @saturnzoon @Exoplanet @outlander @Shaz51 @Teej 

Hope today has started quietly for you all and that you get what you want to done today.  

Gee it felt nice coming into the cabin this morning.  Warm colours, much better storage, less chaos and even deep cleaned over the last few days.  (Sleeping in the main house at the moment).  Finished the redecorating yesterday.  And then found out my sil will want the rug back for her new studio space when she sets it up.  Oh well  best I appreciate it while I have it.  Will have to keep my eye out for a replacement.  Darn it!

Wondering what people have planned for today?  Nothing definite for me but several things I could keep procrastinating about LOL.

@eth  Hi eth what are those 'several things' that you keep procrastinating about?:)

That is a bugger about the rug @eth but keeping your eye out for a new one for yourself sounds like a good thing to do.

Nothing planned for today. It is very cold - windy and raining as well - so an inside day. There are some things I need to get done but no motivation to do them still. Will most likely have a sleep again this morning to catch up on a bad night so apart from that nothing specifically planned.

Hey @greenpea   How are you today?

Weeellllll...go thru our seed boxes and pick out suitable ones for late autumn/winter and plant them, get on the exercise bike (missed a day yesterday), mow the lawn if I can operate the electric mower here, take out compost and recycling, and the one I've put off for the longest - catch up on filing and diary of NDIS supports received.  Clean the rug I had in here before, change and wash sheets ....  !!!!  Now that boofhead has pulled his head in I'm really enjoying having a couple of days at home despite being alone.  Just relaxing.  Will probably catch up on MKR on my laptop.  I feel like I'm coming down to earth after a couple of weeks of constant high adrenalin and hypervigilance (especially auditory).

LOL you know you're not awake and switched on yet when ..... you light the wrong end of your cigarette!  (me!)

What will you do with your quiet day today?

Sorry @Zoe7  just saw your post.  Hope you get some more rest.  You are probably wanting to relax as much as possible over these last few days of your school holidays.  Send some of that rain down here please.  We've had none for nearly 2 weeks and there's none forecast for at least another week here.  The garden would really love it.

We haven't had any rain for a couple of weeks either @eth so the garden is needing it here too. I did want to get out in the garden these holidays but I have not been motivted to get out there. Most of the holidays have been either attending appointments or resting/sleeping. I do need to find the motivation to get a few things done before I head back to work on Monday but finding that hard to do. 

Hope you have a good day today and enjoy your new cabin 'look' Heart

@eth  all of that sounds like a lovely constructive day ahead even if you just sit down and watch mkr :D! I have just been out in the back yard (it is a kind of a paved courtyard with bushs around it). Pulled out some grass which had been annoying me and have just put on a load of washing which I will hang out in a minute.Have a lovely day with whatever you get done or not 🙂 xxx

@greenpea   exercise bike done!  And motivation improved by doing it.  I did some weeding too.

Hope you find some rest time today ahead of your busy weekend.

@eth  You too! xxxx

@greenpea Hey I was up before my alarm went off today ... rain and cat calling .... but I stayed in ... love your talks about your morning walks.

Heart

@Zoe7 Hugs and more hugs and rest.  

Heart

@eth Good you are taking ownership of your personal space.  You will find something fine to put on floor. Yay boofhead is pulling head in.  I am sure that help other people in future.

Heart

@Angels333 Ahh ... the complications of mutual messes, creativity and co-operative decision making is HUGE and big part of mumming.

Heart

After a while, if I have not been able to engage co-operatively, I make more of the decisions, erring on saving in an archive, and sort space to suit self.  That said my own current desk mess is purely of my own making.  I think part of my resistance to tidying, is exhaustion about being unappreciatd as a general tidier and subject to a lot of parental alienation games from other parent.  Its kinda like ... its my party and I'll cry if I want to ... its my mess and I'll tidy when I want to.  It is honestly taking a few years... I have a more active desk in my lounge ... which was the old storage box lounge table ... I keep it mildly messy but under control, since I no longer have to keep my lounge as a professional workspace ... ie piano teaching  studio.  I am being sullen teenager that I NEVER was as a teen.

Smiley Very HappySmiley TongueSmiley FrustratedSmiley EmbarassedSmiley Surprised

Slowly coming to terms with different roles and expectations at different ages.

Had a great day at zoo, especially chatting to a group of 4 kids and mum.  It helps me deal with my feelings about the situations with my own children.

Heart

@Adge Is your surgery settling? How are you going in general?

Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance