Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

So pleased you have woken up feeling a little better @MDT and have a plan for part of today, Having that paln going forward should be handy as well. Goodluck with getting that done Smiley Happy

i dont have the experience or the grit or thick skin or whatever to do job I got pushed into @MDT  if they advertised it as that I would not have applied, as it would have been a bit of a stretch

just need to get ahead on a few bills, spend less and try and rebuild savings then not forced to work in jobs not suited to or when body/mind not up to it 

I agree @TAB sometimes adverts don't reflect the actual job

Yeah @Zoe7 Just trying to forget the crap my colleague wrote up. I felt like replying but not yet. Will wait longer. Don't want to say something that could make it worse.

For now just going to work on an application and get that sent off. Then I can focus on the overall plan of searching etc.

I have some music on so that might help too

anyhow see how it goes but if I'm lying awake at night thinking about work, best to change situation re me @MDT  enjoy your music I'm going to have to get a cab to work, nowhere safe to leave car

I must have missed what your colleague wrote up @MDT But it seems like it was not something that gave you any confidence. It is good to remember that that is only one isolated person's views - I had that with my former principal and things changed so much when I moved to my current school. The views and opinions could not have been any more different. ...and while her views and opinions last year certainly affected me I stayed true to myself and got through it - that is where self-respect was so valuable to me. You know what you can do yourself buddy and have proven that in many different situations - the trick now is believing you the capable, intelligent and driven younf man we know you to be  and I will continue to remind you of this because it is not only what I constantly see here but I have belief in you Smiley Very Happy

All the best @TAB take it easy mate

thanks @Zoe7 yeah i was having a chat with @outlander about it last night. It's just one person's view. I guess I just have to look past that. Simply but difficult. I think the reason I find it difficult is because I seem to have this idea in the back of my mind that this colleague is the only way forward for my career. So it's taking on more of a burden than it needs to. But I think this is wrong. There are multiple ways of getting somewhere.

Anyway. Take it easy today. I'm just going to be here in the background on the forum. Checking in every now and then.

there are always options and options on options  or was that permutations @MDT   just reading around the edges but yeah always others, and if that person isnt helping well so be it

Pretty much @TAB @Zoe7

I think there is potential for that relationship to work out. I just need to explain my own position and ask where to from here etc.

Anyway I completed the draft for this bloody application. Government overdo it a lot. They ask how I have managed stakeholders while also in a high volume environment. Easy - Priorities. But they want that explained out like it's mathematics.... lol

Oh well.

Yeah can pay people to do govt job apps @MDT

Another drafat done despite the length they want for their questions @MDT It certainly seems like exapnding on some of thioe things is excessive but it is what it is and good you have done what you can for now. Have a little distance from it for a while and then come back to see how it all sounds. Good luck with the application Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance