Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

cloudcore
Senior Contributor

Happiness

Our final emotion’s discussion is on happiness.

Previously we spoke about anger, fear and sadness and discussed how we experienced these emotions , how they showed up in our lives and how they felt physically in our bodies. We will be doing the same this fortnight for the yellow section of the wheel!

feelings-wheel.jpeg

Happiness is an emotional state characterized by feelings of joy, confidence, contentment, and hope. While happiness has many different definitions, it is often described as involving positive emotions and life satisfaction. 

Happiness is an important emotion as it helps protect your health, expands your focus and helps you build stronger coping skills and emotional resources. Happiness also leads to curiosity and allows your mind to open up to a free flow of ideas! Contrast this to when you’re angry, your focus narrows to the source of your frustration, and your stress and blood pressure can increase.

Happiness however is like any other emotion, and can come and go quickly or linger for long periods of time. Often in the age of social media there is a lot of pressure to maintain and portray happiness to others. This is a space for us to discuss our experiences and feelings of happiness, whilst recognising it as an emotion that has no more importance than the others discussed – of anger, fear and sadness.

There are questions we have planned ahead of time to keep this conversation safe and constructive for those reading along, however you are welcome to reach out to our peer support or counselling services for additional support should any topics be upsetting or triggering.

49 REPLIES 49

Re: Happiness

Question 1:

What feelings on the emotion wheel do you most often experience when you are happy? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tagging members who have shown interest and participated in the emotions topics: @BlueBay @RedHorse @SJT63 @Owen45 @Appleblossom @Eve7 @Bow @Snowie @Shaz51 @JungleGiants @BPDSurvivor @wellwellwellnez @NatureLover @Oaktree @Wattle3 @utopia @mum12 @MIFANTCARER @pinklollipop15 @Millieme @Anastasia @Jorge @CogsWhirl @Clawde @SunFlowersHope @AlwaysHappy @jsm74 @Rama 

ArtistZ
Senior Contributor

In response to question one:

I am a perpetual optimist and I feel more hopeful when I'm happy.

I am cheeky and playful (sounds like George the Monkey haha) I when I'm happy 

Also thankful 🌼

and creative.

I'm a big fan of that yellow piece of pie 😃

edited to try to fix what I've done to the formatting 🤦🏼‍♀️ Meh still readable I hope 😂

I'm looking to volunteer where I can bring happiness to people's lives

@cloudcore wrote:

Our final emotion’s discussion is on happiness.

Previously we spoke about anger, fear and sadness and discussed how we experienced these emotions , how they showed up in our lives and how they felt physically in our bodies. We will be doing the same this fortnight for the yellow section of the wheel!

feelings-wheel.jpeg

Happiness is an emotional state characterized by feelings of joy, confidence, contentment, and hope. While happiness has many different definitions, it is often described as involving positive emotions and life satisfaction. 

Happiness is an important emotion as it helps protect your health, expands your focus and helps you build stronger coping skills and emotional resources. Happiness also leads to curiosity and allows your mind to open up to a free flow of ideas! Contrast this to when you’re angry, your focus narrows to the source of your frustration, and your stress and blood pressure can increase.

Happiness however is like any other emotion, and can come and go quickly or linger for long periods of time. Often in the age of social media there is a lot of pressure to maintain and portray happiness to others. This is a space for us to discuss our experiences and feelings of happiness, whilst recognising it as an emotion that has no more importance than the others discussed – of anger, fear and sadness.

There are questions we have planned ahead of time to keep this conversation safe and constructive for those reading along, however you are welcome to reach out to our peer support or counselling services for additional support should any topics be upsetting or triggering.

. It not only makes them feel good, it makes me feel good too. And if I get work in Administration, I continue to volunteer on my days off. 

I think that what makes me happy. As well as being with my partner. 

I would say that what makes me most happy is when I see that those around me feel happy and cared for and equally I feel sad when not seeing people around me happy,what also makes me happy is special events that are positive events as well as interests,achievements  

@cloudcore wrote:

Question 1:

What feelings on the emotion wheel do you most often experience when you are happy? 

Joyful, I guess. I guess that's the best one to describe it when your laughing out loud, right?

HI @cloudcore 

When I am happy I feel peaceful, curious, inqusitive, excited. 

I think:
Inspired
Hopeful
Free
Inspired to do things for me!
Hopeful that things will be okay for my loved ones.
Free to relax for a little bit.
Thanks for these reflection provoking posts @cloudcore

Hi @cloudcore @AlwaysHappy @pinklollipop15 @chibam @LostAngel 

For me, happiness gives me a sense of

- elation 

- energy

- lightness

- optimism

- goal-focused

- strength

Hi @ArtistZ 

hahaha this made me laugh I love curious george 😄 yellow piece of pie? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance