Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Alcohol // Tuesday 23rd November, 7:00- 8:30PM AEDT

Thanks for your question @Paperdaisy.

Hello Sunday Morning (HSM) is a not for profit organisation that is an early intervention prevention service for people that want to change their relationship with alcohol. What I love about HSM is that we’re non-judgemental, you can either be moderating or abstaining and it’s peer lead. It’s a free app for all Australian citizens and it’s anonymous. This allows people to share their journey without feeling judged while also getting support from a peer community.

Within Daybreak we also have a stepped model of care, Care Navigation. Care Navigators support members in private one on one messaging conversations - meeting people wherever they are on their alcohol behaviour change journey to find and access the services, strategies and resources that will best suit them as individuals.

Wow, that sounds great @Sunflower2021 !

So how do people get access to the stepped model of care with the app?

@BPDSurvivor great question. On the Daybreak app there is a Care Navigator button which directs you to our stepped care model. We will post a link with instructions a bit later also Smiley Happy

That sounds amazing @Sunflower2021! This topic is very close to my heart and I look forward to hearing more about Hello Sunday Morning!

Question 2

Can you tell us about the daybreak app and how it works?

I haven't used the daybreak app, but the idea that 'real' navigators send and respond to messsges is very appealing. I have something similar in a different health program I am a part of. I find the real time messaging makes a significant impact.

The Daybreak app, developed by Hello Sunday Morning, provides access to a supportive online community,
interventions, and supporting people to reduce harms from drinking. The app has considerable reach, with more than
70,000 Australians registered and worldwide around 110,000 people have downloaded the app.
We have a local team and local tech support. Daybreak is moderated by health professionals during business hours
to ensure safety and quality.
It is free to use for all Australian citizens! Changing your alcohol habits can be a lonely journey. Our community is
encouraging and non-judgemental! People living overseas have access to Daybreak app for a small fee.

Wow @daisy110  that is interesting  

@daisy110 , would you say the app is only for people who have a drinking 'problem' and want to change their habits? Or really for anyone who drinks?

@BPDSurvivor
It is great to be able to chat to our members - even if it is not in real time the Care Navigator can reply on a one to one basis and the member will see the message when they are back online.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance