Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Lostintime
Casual Contributor

Lost

I am going through an episode of major depression. I feel like my life has slipped through my fingers. I can't think what to do with my time - no sense of what I used to do. Just lost in the desert. How do I find myself again?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Lost

Hi @Lostintime 

Welcome to the Forums!

I think this is such a fantastic question and will be relatable for a lot of Forum Members. I know for myself I can relate to the feeling of being so unwell that I lose sense of who I was before and I forget how to imagine or hope for who I will be after it. 

For me, coming out of these times has often meant tiny actions of reclaiming myself. Trying to find a semblance of routine. Even if it just means trying to eat at the same time every day. Starting small can help us gradually rebuild the bricks of a life.

Hoping you find your way out sometime soon,

- periwinklepixie 

Thank you for replying. I feel very alone and lonely although I live with my family. I feel very guilty for being so disconnected. I can't seem to understand how to connect any more.

Hi @Lostintime 

I have been through depression and for me it was just best to take it one moment at a time and not push myself. I did what I wanted to do in the moment and tried not to worry about anything. If I wanted to eat, I ate, if I wanted to sleep, I slept. I found meditation helpful and writing down my thoughts as well as getting support from others if I felt like talking. I hope this helps in some way. Please know you are not alone and these forums are a great place for support. 

Thank you. I try to think what do but I just can't quite get there. I tried to write a list as was suggested to me - I held the pen but nothing came to mind. Its seems ridiculous doesn't it.

@Lostintime
Thanks for sharing - its a sentiment I can identify with

Its a strange phenomenon isn't it. The sensation is like I've been pushed sideways out of my life and can't find the door back in. Thank you for your comment - I hope we both find our way back in.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance