Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Living with Ourselves

Hey @Sophia1, I can understand your feeling worn out and exhausted after carrying all of that for so long, not to mention feeling you've had to hide so much of it, tiring in itself! I hope you will be able to find some well deserved time and space for you now and in amongst it all also. Take good care of yourself 🌸

Yes @Appleblossom 

You might feel that it has taken some time to be heard...I feel for you in that area as am all too familiar with that feeling from family..

A young age of 10 trusting and feeling finally someone wants to help...to later be left behind as the numbers in need increase in a system with no training for caring for such delicate states of mind on top of such intolerable life experiences..

Resilience and persistence I believe are your traits also..

You are so wise and as my therapist tells me..know far more about mental health than the gps themselves...who have generalised training..

Today there is some change with more lived experience gaining employment within the field...hopefully to be respected...listened to and change to come for the better..

There is a long way to go

I am going to start a new thread..

I am fired up..

I hope that I do not get torn to shreds as some do when they write something different..

Take care all

will start the thread

then garden...😶

Oh thank you @TideisTurning 

I am so fired up now after reading through latest discussions..

Worn out yes..now fired up..

Somehow I think this might be my cause to be an ambassador in however small a way...for those of us who need to be heard..

I have written something

Should I start a new thread or just go out into the garden?

@TideisTurning 

I am very tired..

I will just go into the garden..

Thank you for your support.

Sophia

💛Some sunshine for you 

Good Morning @Sophia1 

I hope your day is going well so far. Yes! There is something incredibly healing about being in the garden. It takes me a bit of an effort to get motivated and outside but once I am there always feel better. And many thanks for the sunshine. It has come shining through and warmed my garden and myself - helping me break a habit left over from winter when I stayed in bed until at least noon. This morning I got my first dose of vitamin D before 10am and am sitting in the shade house typing this to you now.

If you do start writing letters (or stories) I would love to be involved. Please tag me. A virtual pen pal/s to share my random thoughts with sounds great.

Shall we start writing in this thread, start another or go over to the previous one you mentioned? I'm not very familiar with the set up of the forum (other than contributing to existing discussions) but I'm keen to learn. Only if you want to, and in your own time, of course.

I can see that you are active, both on and off here so there's no pressure to follow up; just an expression of my interest.

In the meantime, take care of you and yours, RedHorse 🌹🐴

@RedHorse 

I am thrilled to bits to read about your enthusiasm to write..

Going back to the original thread and continuing there does make sense..

I will let you know in advance if you try reading through it can be very confusing.

We are on a mental health forum of course..

To me it adds to why the thread is there..

Writing even when feeling symptoms of an unwell mind is what it is about..

Not getting a story or stories to be considered for the nobel prize.

The different personalities of writers have helped create something wonderful in my mind.

Quirky.....inviting.....creative   ....curiosity......encouragement....acceptance..

I read somewhere @HenryX has asked about starting up again so will try and find him and invite you..

As for the garden...getting out there is the hardest part for me..

then it becomes...getting me back inside is also hard....

sometimes I sit inside and look out at the garden....nature all around me ...this helps bring calmness into my inner self..

This is life...

Sharing with others...learning about others....accepting others...including others...having fun together..

this is life..

Thank you

💛 Here comes some more sun for you.Outside sun helping with the body producing melatonin..

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Sophia1 I am sorry that I'm not a good support to you. Friend is staying with me now, so I'm nurse again. I know you know what I mean. It's emotionally draining, even though you desperately want to help them. I'm just glad they're out of hospital and that I can hopefully help. 
❤️ To you @Appleblossom 

Hello @Former-Member Please never feel the need to apologise.

We are all on the forums at different times..

We also have to live our lives in the real world..

This you are doing with your friend.

Yes supporting anyone unwell is draining...moreso when exhausted yourself..

You are helping by having them there with you.

checking that they keep up their water supply...sipping if necessary ...so as not to become dehydrated..

remember to keep the 24 hour health direct phone number as a contact on your phone ..1800 022 222

any concerns or questions ring and ask..do not feel guilty ringing..they are there for everyone..

if anxious about doing this..

let them know at the beginning of the call that you are feeling anxious...asking them to give you time to speak..

you might want to write on a piece of paper

some notes in advance..

what operation friend had..

which hospital

when did they come out

any special needs for friend to be considered..

of course friend might be able to talk also...can put phone on speaker so that you both are aware of what to do..

Remember you can only help so much...you are not a medical expert...

you have to look after you too.

your health is just as important..

make sure you have food...3 meals a day..plenty of water

when overwhelmed it is so easy to forget to eat and drink..

are there any other main concerns that you might have?

Mumi you are very good at supporting..

Will look out for you when I am on line. I do not use mobile so do not hear notifications..

Sophia 💜

Former-Member
Not applicable

You are such a sweetie @Sophia1 💖

He is sleeping now. Sleep will help his recovery. 

@Former-Member Just checking in, letting you know I'm sitting with you. In my experience, alcohol can sometimes numb feelings but sometimes it can also bring feelings pouring out, which can be super overwhelming. I hope you can try to pace yourself a bit and drink some water along the way Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance