Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

gday @Former-Member @Zoe7 @Sam3 @TAB and others here

Hi @MDT How is your day shaping up? I am of course still doing garage sorting - it is such a big job but will be worth it in the end to have it all finally done.

Hi @MDT nothing much on here today. I'll settle for a steadying day. What are you up to today? I just went for a walk, that's probably me for today lol, well beats last few days

All the best with the garage @Zoe7 it must be looking good after all this time and work you put into it

@TAB Just working on applications and googling stuff

I have a phone interview this afternoon for a company that does placements in pubs and hotels in the UK. I have decided this will be my backup plan.

fair enough @MDT

There is still a lot that is stacked outside of the garage that needs to be moved back in as well as stuff stacked inside the garage. Today I start to put things on the shelves and sorting out the damaged stuff and stuff I can through out as I go. I am going to watch the tennis this morning first then get stuck into it before the next game this afternoon I want to watch @MDT. I'll do a list as I go of things that need replacing - mostly those that have rusted or been damaged by water in the flooding. I have already replaced some of my tools but need to check a few more when I can get into them.

Your backup plan is a good one - it will give you work while looking for something else as well if that is what you want to do. Working in hotels and pubs you will get to meet a lot of people too and that will be good for you too.

I am feeling anti social today though @Zoe7
Just over it. Time to unplug I think.

I can ask all these questions during the interview

Speak later today

Morning @MDT@Zoe7@TAB@Shaz51@Mum & anyone else passing through the forum discussion. 

All the very best with your phone interview today @MDT. Good idea to have a quiet day beforehand with maybe some activity/music you like. 

@Zoe7 Go girl! 

Ive got Dr appointment in an hour & job applications to think about along with kids who need entertaining. Feeling a bit overwhelmed & sad today but plenty of “good facts” to hold onto 

I hope your drs appointment goes okay @Sam3 then you can get stuck into those job applications. It is always good to hold on to as many positives in your day as you can - it doesn't mean there won't still be the negatives but shifting your focus to concentrating on the positives can make us feel a little better - hope that works for you too Hon.

I am watching the tennis this morning and will get back into the garage after the match - might need a nap too as I am feeling quite tired - think that is because of how much I have done over the last few days but I can't do a rest day just yet - need to get it all done.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance