Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Art for Healing

Hi @Greensleeves ,

Welcome to the path!  We are all here, somewhere along it.  It can get rocky in some places, but always remember to enjoy the journey rather than just wanting to reach the destination.

I love art to express myself too.  My main interest is music, though I love visual arts, dance and drama too.  I've always loved the art therapy sessions when I've been in hospital.

I'm glad you've found this space, and hope you find some more treasures for your toolbox here.

JRMum.

Morning @JRMum

I also love music as a means of self-soothing and regulating my emotions. Can you share with us how you use music as a means of therapy? 

I would like to know if there are any upcoming workshops or discussion groups on Art for Healing. Thank you.

Welcome Greensleeves,

What sort of art are you looking for?

I've participated in this one in the past: https://livingartstherapy.com/dbt-art-therapy-skills-program/

SANE runs groups, but I'm not sure if there is an art one. Maybe @Jupiter will know.

Hey @Greensleeves and @tyme 😊

Excitingly, SANE is currently working behind the scenes to get some Zoom art groups up and running via our Guided Service: SANE Services Referral Hub

Watch this space!

Hi,

I too am heading into my senior years… I am turning 50 and have a new diagnosis of BD2. After now 35 years of journey to here with the wrong diagnosis over and over again. 

I too believe in art as a therapy as well as animals! My Lil Pup is my rock and my comfort. She needs me for her ever need to survive and I need her presence to survive! 

I am finally painting and drawing again and would love to share my pieces here… what are you painting/drawing? 

Hi there,

I've just bought a fishing rod and some lures, I can't manage creative tasks ATM, but love hearing other people's journeys, I've been studying and looking for some zen practice and nature to revitalise, I'm just waiting for the sun to start going down and I will be out there!

IMG_20231109_141653.jpg

IMG_20231129_233152_739.jpg

Ante Meridiem

Hey @Jupiter 

It's great to hear that SANE is working on art for wellness projects!

I used to (and still occasionally do) facilitate art for wellness groups in time outside of work. I'm very passionate in art as a means of expression and truly believe creative pursuits can be a great therapeutic outlet.

(My pfp is a silly little drawing I did a while ago!)

Well done, this is amazing job. You are very talented.🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance