Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Yeah @tyme. I looked after her. Spoilt her at birthdays and christmases. We made special birthday cakes for her every year. Then her mother moved away and after time, I was forgotten. I don’t even get a text from her for Christmas or Easter. She wouldn’t even know when my birthday is. 

My dad sent her a text msg once and asked her to msg her nan (meaning mum) for her birthday. Dad got back ‘who is this’ 

She is just like her father. 

Ohhhhh! Things are connecting now! So this person your brother is with now, is not your niece's mum? And they are getting a new dog? @Captain24 

Sorry if I haven't got it right.

In my head, I'm picturing your brother is some young 'kid' with a girlfriend and they are getting a dog. Is your niece the only kid he has?

That’s it. @tyme

My brother and his new girlfriend are getting a dog.

My niece is mums only grandchild. 

I feel guilty for never giving her one

as the one she has doesn’t care. 

Who do I leave everything to when I die? 

I hear you are thinking about a lot of things. @Captain24 I have to think about that too because at this stage, I'm no longer keen to have my own children. 

I wonder if your niece will come back into your life later?

Also, has the relationship between your bro and parents been repaired? I remember he was the golden child, but then something happened.

Yeah it’s kinda hard @tyme. Who will care if I ever get old? Hopefully you will have nieces and nephews, 

She may come back. My door is always open. I’d never turn my back on her. 

My brother is not the golden child so much anymore. Mum is upset that he doesn’t contact them. But since he msg’d about the dog he is great again. I’m just the mental case in the background that has to listen 

You know what??? When I read your post, it sets a fire within me to prove them otherwise. @Captain24 

Do it for yourself and prove yourself. 

You have achieved sooo much already. Things WILL work out. I believe in you. Now you need to believe in yourself.

When people say or imply things like that, this feeling burns within me to prove them wrong. It's like i have this spark ignited.

This may be the beginning of great things.

It’s hard when you are constantly put down @tyme. But I do see that I have a nice home that I’m paying off. I sort of have my material life together in comparison to them. Which you need. 

Also I am able to admit that I have MH problems. However, I am a much more thoughtful and considerate person than them. 

Thats what helps when being around them gets too hard. 

100% agreed @Captain24 

@Captain24  The bumble bee releases today!!!!!!

It does @Bow I ordered it at 4:30 this morning!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance