Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday Tonight starting at 7pm AEST - BPD: Debunking the myths

Hi @Jacques

I feel that way when I read the DSM too. There is such thing as 'comorbidity' which is multiple diagonises. But be cautious about giving yourself a diagnoses because there's many things factors to consider. Often people have a general sense of what they have, but sometime it can take a few years to get the right diagnosis too. Working with a health professional to get the right can be helpful.

Hmmmmm
@BlueButterfly50

My darling family member has BPD and has pretty much destroyed themselves with numerous est.

@astrengthinever

I had no insight as a teenager, it was everyone else's problem and I gave Mum and Dad some grey hairs.  But at the time they were going through difficulties and it was not a good time.  No-one can make you accept a diagnosis and I am glad you persevered and managed to have a positive outcome.  I have three adult children and I know how hard it is for parents.  Someone said to me that you are only as happy as your most unhappiest child and that is so true.  I wish your teen well with DBT.

est??

@PeppiPatty

I'm not sure what est. is.  I do know that there is a great book for people with family members who have BPD. It helps to communicate effectively through validations skills.  The book is by Valerie Porr called Overcoming BPD,a Family guide to healing and change.  I find that book invaluable in my work.

i can understand how prisoners feel i have lived in complete isolation for 14 years, going out in public feels like an unreal experiance, it is like everything hass moved on but i have frozen in time, it is not thaat i like the wa i live it is i am just so paralized to do anything about it.

looking back at the past 14 years i am amzed i have managed to cope so well, in that tiem i have only had two mental breakdowns, but i am so numb now i can't feel anything.

i have to go now, but thankyou for joining in on the conversation, i for one have really enjoyed the past 1 1/2 hours, thankyou for your insight and knowledge it is very reassuring to me to read what you have said.

Thankyou

Jacques

Hi Everyone,

TIME CHECK

This session has flown by. We only have another 25 minutes so if you have any questions now is the time to get them in.

How do u deal with impulsivity?

Nice to have you pop in @Jacques!

Thanks for contributing tonight. Byeeeee. Smiley Wink

My partner before being diagnose with BPD and medicated was manic I was very disturbing - spending heaps of money driving recklessly
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance