Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Gypsy-67
Contributor

I'm having a moment.

I was cleaning up some stuff in my sister's front yard in preparation for it to be rented when she moves over to my place in Victoria to be my full-time carer. Katherine loves this house and she's only been back here a year and now she's renting it out again because of me. She's selling her car, a sporty little 86, to help pay for the move. She resigned at work yesterday. She was on $130000 a year, again all for me. I am feeling much guilt. The only thing she's getting out of this is watching her sister die horribly. That doesn't seem fair for her at all. I'm feeling really sad about all the upheaval I'm causing in so many people's lives because of this ridiculous disease. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: I'm having a moment.

Hi @Gypsy-67 

Firstly am so glad you could share on this forum, it takes courage.  Secondly I can't imagine the feelings that you are experiencing on account of your illness, but guilt shouldn't be one of them. Your sister is being your sister and she loves you unconditionally, she has made the decision that feels right for her.  So please enjoy the time you have together.  All the very best 🙂

Re: I'm having a moment.

Hi @Gypsy-67 

Hugs to you, and your sister. It seems so unfair. Definitely not on you though. Everyone makes choices and your sister is honoured to make these for you. You are worth it. You are both worth it x 

xxx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance