Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Welcome! Introduce yourself here 🙂

Welcome @RoseBlue, sometimes just making the effort to say hi to strangers, is a big scary first step for anyone new so congratulations, its an important step and we are not a judgemental bunch of people.

If anything we are supportive, celebrate the small wins just as much as the big ones, support each other and give insight into our own experiences 🙂

Hi. I am a parent to my 2 teenage daughters - both of which i am primary carer for.  I never expected to get divorced but its happening - mental health concerns is a major theme of tge divorce from teens to adults and not handelling it.  So I never in my widest dreams expected to be a single parent under any such circumstances yet here I am.

I don't like that ^ the above defines who I am.   I work in IT, I am a solutions architect-  I find solutions to computer system.   I like steam trains and I have played Eve Online (spaceships) for over 16 years.  I like to understanding how things work.  I want to be more connected (emotionally) with my kids.

I am here because it's hard doing everything and sometimes it feels like a burden I can't cope with.

Hello my name is Rusky [edited by moderator] and although it does not define who i am it is apart of me. I was diagnosed with a Drug Induced psychosis and schizophrenia when I was 30 years old, I'm now 51. I like to listen to alot of music, for music has been there for me when no one else was. I've lived a very sheltered life and as a result of that I've missed out on alot of what life has to offer. I'm quite the joker because I like to see people smiling. I'm hoping to find friendships and to learn how to better manage my illness.

Welcome to the forums @Rusky73 ! Great to have you with us!

I'm sure there are many who would love to welcome you and connect with you. 

By connecting with others, I hope you find the support you are looking for.

Tagging members @HelloKitty1981 @Shaz51  @Tilz @Asgard @PinkFlamingo @Snowie @Eve7 

Welcome to the forums @Rusky73 

Hi @Rusky73 @Ramman 

Welcome to you both to the forums, which is full of people who care, and like you have travelled very similar paths.  Have been on the forum for around 5 months now, and I must say some of the best advice I have ever heard, has been here.  You kinda build a virtual relationships with people here, which has certailly done me the world of good.  You can rant if you want to, sometimes its what the body really needs, and the release you feel when you finally tell someone what has been troubling you is immense.  So welcome again ....Asgard

Hi there,

This is my first post and I’m feeling a little awkward and anxious. 
I was given a bipolar diagnosis in late 2022 after 2 breakdowns in 2021 and ruining my career and many relationships.
I am  still coming to terms with the diagnosis and everything that happened. 
I feel so alone sometimes with a lack of understanding from my husband, family and friends. 
I’m hoping through this forum I can find some acceptance of my mental illness, and leave the shame behind.
I have 2 beautiful dogs that give unconditional love and get me out walking everyday! 

Hey there @Lucylou1 ,

Welcome to the forums!

Thank you for sharing a little about yourself. 

I'm sorry to hear that things have changed remarkably due to your mental health.

You'll find many of us here can relate.

It took me a long time to come to terms with my MH conditions. I always wanted to hide it and pretend everything was okay... yet coming to this anonymous forum has really allowed me to open up so that my MH was normalised... I didn't feel so 'weird' after a while.

I hear how lonely the journey can be at times. I hope you connect with others here so that you feel less lonely as you navigate the highs and lows of mental health.

You may be interested in this thread:

Topic Tuesday// Living with Bipolar // Tuesday 26th March 2024 5:30-7PM AEDT 

We look forward to seeing you around.

Thank you for your message.

Hi,

I've been experiencing mental health struggles for 12 years. 

Never formally diagnosed, just continually put on mental health plans for anxiety and depression symptoms. 

Right now after a 'family breakdown' this past year, I don't know who can help other than my spouse; that I feel is overburdened by being the only person. I love them so much and want to find more ongoing support, so I keep searching. 

I will try to be active here, as I believe in the importance of community, and my experience may help others. So please feel free to ask me questions. 

Take care of yourselves. 💗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance