Re: Peer Group Chat// Powering Our Passions // Thursday 25th July 2024, 7-8:30PM AEST

Awww @Patches59 ,

I hope you can make it, but if you can't, that's also okay. 

We are staring @MJG017 @Shaz51 @ENKELI @Glisten @Ainjoule 

Unfortunately, I don't think notifications are working tonight.

Re: Peer Group Chat// Powering Our Passions // Thursday 25th July 2024, 7-8:30PM AEST

This one worked @tyme 

Thank you to all who joined tonight @Patches59 @Shaz51 @MJG017 @ENKELI @Glisten @Oaktree @Captain24 @Squishy @Andarna @Juniper @GreyWolf7 @Ainjoule @WildFlower1 @Snowie @rav3n @Jynx and others.

Here are the questions from tonight:

Q1: Can you name what you are passionate about? Or, share anything people can be passionate about. 

animals, cats, helping people, puzzles, art, lego, craft, MH, choc chip cookies, coffee

Q2: If people don’t really know what their passions are, how can they find out? 

give things a go and see if they are an energizer and driver for you

Q3: How do passions and mental health relate? 

Q4: Can you think of any drawbacks to having strong passions? 

time-blindedness, less focus on other things that matter (family), passions can be expensive to maintain

Q5: How can our passions keep us going in life? 

passions can be a protective factor even when things are tough, gives us like-minded people to connect with, gives use something to share with others; note: passions are not fixed. They can change depending on what's happening for someone in life.

Q6: Can you share ay examples of a time when focussing on a passion has supported your mental health recovery? 

Q7: Next time, when you are experiencing mental health challenges, name a passion you can turn to to support your recovery? 

pet welfare, lego, diamond art, coffee, puzzles

Here are some further resources we recommend having a look at: 

1 Discover your passion and improve your mental health: https://dralisonblock.com/discover-your-passion-and-improve-your-mental-health/#:~:text=You%20are%20.... 

2 Purposeful Activity: https://www.headtohealth.gov.au/living-well/purposeful-activity#:~:text=Spending%20time%20on%20an%20.... 

3 Why is being passionate a key to success?: https://www.edueffective.online/why-is-being-passionate-the-key-to-success/#:~:text=Passion%20provid.... 

Feel free to continue this conversation right here!

Oh CRAP! 
Sorry I got distracted @tyme @Shaz51

ADHD at its finest 🤦🏼‍♀️

Too much coming at me in the last 24 hours.

Damn so p!ssed off with myself.

I would have really enjoyed it 

Did anyone take notes?

Should I just go to the Questions and the link?

I'll see if I can add notes from my memory @Glisten We missed you though!

@tyme due to popular demand next Thursday. 🙌🏼

Powering Our Passion Part II  🎉

ooooo @Glisten . Good point. I'll take note of that. I think we have the next two weeks already, but we can defo consider part 2!

Any thoughts about something you'd like covered in Part2?

@tyme Part II could be an extension of 

Q2: If people don’t really know what their passions are, how can they find out? 

give things a go and see if they are an energizer and driver for you.

What happens when you get inspired?

How do you find inspiration?

The Josh Bell Subway experiment 

https://youtu.be/fu5VYMUmBw0?si=dehfgE0HQItLrA0_

Does inspiration and passion affect neurobiology in your brain 🧠?

Does passion give you a sense of purpose, place and meaning?

What do think? Keep in mind that I will forget about this suggestion.

So it’s all good 👍🏼 

G

The Inspiring Story of Joshua Bell's Subway Performance: Know Your Worth A violinist played for 45 minutes in the New York subway. A handful of people stopped, a couple clapped, and the violinist raised about $30 in tips. No one knew this, but the violinist was Joshua Bell, In 2007, world-renowned