Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Happiness

oh yeah I understand.. cool I love geese 😄 

@periwinklepixie 

thanks, I always appreciate a question that makes me think.

... create things about the harder times.... hmm.... makes me sound like an artist but i'm not really, I'm a maker.... I make stuff.... almost exclusively for other people unless It's something I really really need for myself.

Now in a sense, some of what I make is about the harder times because I've had to drop everything to make something he believes he can't live without a moment longer. Every time I see the fabric bags that are shielding our tomatoes from fruit fly I remember the day I had to switch off the oven and make them 'right now because otherwise otherwise my efforts are wasted'.  I made them "right then", he was happy, that made me happy ish even if I felt waiting until the next morning would have been ok.

I've been trying to make new knickers for weeks now but have to keep putting them aside because other people have needed me to do other things for them - but doing for others does makes me happy.

The happiness I feel after making something - for myself or others - is based on validation. It confirms that I am good at things that are of value; that I am of value. If I'm left alone long enough to make something I need for myself then I feel pure joy.... but it's always something needed, not just for the sake of it.

The other way I create is through writing - personally and as a Civil Celebrant. After a wedding where I have crafted a ceremony that has not only made someone's dream come true but made a contribution to society that is both lasting and official the euphoria lasts for days.

So it would appear that almost all my happiness is sourced externally, which is an interesting observation for me to make. I need to work on finding something that makes me happy for it's own sake, not just because of the outcome of my endeavours. 

@cloudcore When I'm happy I feel Free, Confident, Inspired, Creative, peaceful and content Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Question 2:

How does happiness show up in your life?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ArtistZ @TinTin1 @LostAngel @chibam @pinklollipop15 @AlwaysHappy @BPDSurvivor @utopia @Shaz51 @JungleGiants @Appleblossom @SJT63 @Sophia1 @RedHorse @MIFANTCARER @Paperdaisy 

Hi @cloudcore 

Happiness comes when I feel that everything is going to be ok.  That I have achieved one thing out of many things I needed to do.  

Happiness is when you see your loved ones smile even though there is no reason to smile.  

I find happiness happens when I have given up hope and then there is a little glimmer that proves not all is lost.

xx

Time with loved ones brings me happiness. Noisy silliness where everyone is laughing is the best. 

And just about everything to do with nature - plants (especially native ones), weather watching, animals, properly 'being' in nature and being quiet and open to the surroundings.

Quite a lot of things really. Noticing a plant leaf shape I haven't before brings a happy feeling and so does hearing a bird call and recognising it. I guess feeling more connected with nature generally.

Spontaneous happiness for me  - I guess linked with the idea of synchronicity - when a situation just all clicks into place from different sources and factors... so when you're out with family and run into close friends and feel happy that everyone is able to catch up and be happy together. Or when you're taking a photo of a flower and a blue banded bee lands in the shot (hasn't happened yet for me - but I'd be happy if it did).

Q2. Happiness shows up in my life around:
- Contact with loved ones;
- Spending time in nature;
- Positive interactions with other people whether in person or virtual;
- Gratitude for things both big and small;
- Completing a task I've been avoiding; and
- Trying something new.

I find feeling happy begets happiness.

“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh

@cloudcore 

My dog doing something silly.

A terrible but funny joke.

Sitting in the sunshine listening to the birds sing.

A phone call from my son.

Watching my 1 year old great niece laugh, clap, play, and give me cuddles.

Seeing my mum in better health and less pain.

Achieving a goal.

Contentment with my life. The most under rated feeling in the world. Contentment. Although there are little things I would change, or add to my life, for the most part, I am happy and content.

@cloudcore wrote:

Question 2:

How does happiness show up in your life?

Largely through sitcoms & classic comedy films; and in recent years, a bit through funny youtube videos such as "You Had One Job..." videos.

In recent months, I really got in to videos about the stupidity of AI (artificial intelligence); things like medication infomercials, "Dear Abby" columns, movies, and TV shows, all written by artificial intelligence. Honestly, some of the crazy stuff that those computers dream up is absolutely side-splitting.Smiley Very Happy

Sometimes, I used to imagine a happier life for myself, and just lose myself in that. That made me a bit happy. But it takes energy and, more and more, I am finding that energy is something that is in short supply for me these days.

@cloudcore for me happiness shows up when I spend time with friends or family, my pets, hobbies. In saying that I can also find happiness by myself, like walking in a favourite spot with a good podcast. Its then that I feel content and can find joy in the small things, like having a cuppa with my pet on my lap. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance