Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Happiness

Happiness. Means I am feeling joyful, confident, alive, content.

Small moments of happiness throughout a day have such a positive effect on my confidence. After years of negative self talk, it is an amazing feeling to know that you can do things, laugh, learn, experience new things.

@cloudcore 

My feelings  are  cheeky 

Playful 

Content, loving , thankful and peaceful 

Hey @pinklollipop15  😃

yellow piece of pie - the emotions chart with the coloured segments look like the trivial pursuit piece you move around the board 😃👍 😂 I'm a goose 

Hi @cloudcore for me its feeling playful, content, joyful, cheeky, valued, and peaceful that most stand out; which can bring an inner feeling of warmth and acceptance

@LostAngel 

Your post really resonated with me.

Heart

That positive contagion when people we care about are genuinely feeling good and we are all swept up in the feeling.  There is nothing like it, no personal feeling, narrow goal setting or targets reached, quite match it.  I guess it is a sign of love and how we are all connected.

Smiley Happy

SJT63
Senior Contributor

@cloudcore my top 3 are confident, loving and creative.

Like @LostAngel seeing those around me happy makes a huge difference which is why I struggle so much sharing my life with someone who lives with bipolar. 

Expressing my creativity makes me happy, but I struggle to be creative when I am unhappy because the sadness (or fear or anger) saps my confidence. Rightly or wrongly, my moods are soley dependent upon his moods. I am not strong enough to remain focussed and confident when he off on one of his tangents.

People assume I am an extrovert because I have good social skills and can strike up a conversation with anyone, anywhere. In my profession I do a lot of public speaking. However, a part of defining introverts and extroverts is determining where they draw their energy.

Several hours socializing, even though I'm good at it, leaves me exhausted. My energy is renewed through solitude - the point being that living with someone who's mood swings dominate and are omnipresent - someone who is needy and smothering yet also demanding of perfection - well most of the time I'm too sodding tired to be happy.

I've been happy for about three weeks now. He has been calm, given me space when I've need it and not woken me up at night. BUT we've now had four days in a row where things have gone a little pear shaped and I'm back on high alert.

The whole time we've been talking about sadness I've been happy.

Not today.

Hello @cloudcore 

and all other participants..

Noticed this thread and forgot about it..

I was drawn to it again on logging in...last question.

.never too late...

hopefully I will be able to find the beginning again and read through it all..Am I correct in thinking that it stays in social spaces of lived forum?

I am going to respond to the question firstly with how my body responded to this question.

I sensed a short interlude where I felt calm..I realise that I was aware of my body in that moment

Words on the wheel I recall feeling when happiness is present..... inquisitive, loving and aroused..

Sophia

Q1. The feelings I experience most often when happy are content, free and joyful; peaceful, loving and thankful; and optimistic, hopeful and inspired.

@cloudcore 

It can definitley be hard to predict out own emotions when our environment itself is unpredictable @SJT63 It sounds like things are quire tough at home at the moment. 

I relate to what you said about being creative making you happy? I wonder if you ever create things about some of the harder times and if that brings some relief? How would you describe the happiness you feel after creating something? 

-periwinklepixie 

Hi @cloudcore 

When Im feeling happy is when I feel Powerful, Courageous and Creative.

I am a very motivated person but when I am not feeling that well fear and , anger, sadness take over.

These days the mood of happiness is not in existence as I dont feel motivated, powerful and creative.  I feel that I am stuck in this moment that has no answers or ability to move on..  Hopefully it will pass and Im back being creative and powerful..

xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance