Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

@Snowie I have been feeling rather heavy today. I hope today has been kind to you ❤️

I'm sorry you are feeling that way @creative_writer 

Do you want to talk about it?

I've made it to the couch, thats a start 😏

@Snowie I don't think my morning coffee agreed with me, kind of put my day off, and my head sort of feels a bit heavy. Gut and brain are so connected. I skipped my late morning snack too, can't stomach anything.

I also have lots of marriage anxiety, but I think that's the reality. I've become so comfortable with my own space and not interacting with people.

Making it out of bed is a achievement with depression, take it easy on yourself hun ❤️ . Do you have plans for today?

It can be the little things that effect us so much at times @creative_writer 

Take it easy on yourself.

I understand how you can become comfortable with you own space. I think I am too.

I would rather be alone than around people.

Does the marriage anxiety stem from the pressure to get married? (You don't have to ask if you don't want to)

No plans for the day. I should get myself of the couch and go up the street but can't see that happening.

@Snowie my mum is making spinach for lunch, I think I'll just eat that with some leb bread. It's probably a GERD flare up.

I do definitely feel the pressure, I am approaching 30, so there is this expectation I need to find someone. I am also afraid of romantic relationships, it's built on trust, you can't enter one without feeling safe. I am not used to feeling safe with anyone.

Sometimes we need couch days, and that is okay. Maybe there are gentle things you can do for yourself while you're on the couch such as watch your favourite TV show. Take it easy ❤️

I'm sorry you are having a GERD flare up @creative_writer. Is it brought on by certain foods? 

It must be hard when there is pressure on you. It is hard to feel safe with people, especially in a romantic relationship. I guess I am lucky that I have my husband. He is the only person I trust.

Just watching Netflix at the moment with the dog asleep next to me. I wish I could sleep like her!!

Taken some prn in the hope that it helps.

@Snowie yes it can be triggered by food, I might have to decrease the amount of coffee I have in the morning. I think my stomach has been extra sensitive lately.

I am glad you were able to find H. I think it's about finding someone who is able to understand my boundaries. I sometimes need extra space to wind down alone. Sometimes I just don't want physical touch due to trauma and ASD.

Your dog must be adorable when asleep. I wish I could sleep like that too.

I'm considering some PRN before things get worse too. I hope the PRN kicks in for you soon

I hope decreasing the coffee helps @creative_writer 

It is about finding someone that understands your boundaries. Hubby gives me that extra space when needed. He is actually good at knowing when I need that space. I must show it on the outside too.

Perhaps some prn can help. It won't make anything worse.

@Snowie he sounds really sweet. I think partners over time learn to read the small cues.

My brain is a bit scattered, so I thought maybe PRN would calm it down. It’s very easily distracted, jumping from one thing to another. Not to mention, the turmoil that is building up again

He can read me sometimes better than I want him too @creative_writer 

I'm sorry it's building up again hon. Is there anything that helps? Have the prn kicked in yet?

Sometimes I feel like I am watching myself get worse from the outside. The inability to do anything about it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance